Fatal butane toxicity and delayed onset of refractory ventricular fibrillation.
Saudi Med J 2017 Dec;38(12):1250-1254. PubMed: 29209676
AbstractA 30-year-old male was presented to the Emergency Department (ED) by the Emergency Medical Services (EMS). He was found unconscious but breathing normally, and had a seizure for more than 30 minutes. He was no previous history of systemic disease, previous operation, medication and any known allergy. According to the witnesses, he was alone in the coffee shop, and besides him was a lighter refill canister containing 250 ml extra purified butane gas, and he suddenly collapsed and had seizure. Six hours later, he developed ventricular fibrillation and he was not responding to amiodarone infusion, and 4 times defibrillation and cardioversion. He died after 45 minutes of resuscitation.
with link to compound page
|Structure||Number of references|